- Yes—as determined by the agency policy.
- Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Permanent -
- Full-time -
As a Budget Analyst at the GS-0560-13, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Collaborates with the Senior Leaders on tracking expenditures in compliance with guideline and policies.
- Evaluates quarterly allotment request submissions for completeness.
- Manages budget and acquisition data using an automated system.
- Provides guidance to an organization or organizations on budget and acquisition plan matters.
- Analyze and resolves incorrect data identifies in reports for use by customers.
- Make recommendations to the Senior Budget Analyst and/or management based on statistical analysis and interpretation of data.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required during heightened disaster activity.
- Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
- The Small Business Administration is located near Capitol Hill and numerous national landmarks and museums. It is conveniently located at the Federal Center SW Metro train station and near many restaurants and eateries.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Capital Access, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is not included in a bargaining unit.
- This position is also being announced under Merit Promotion Procedures, announcement # MP-22-023-DASD-11578296, In order to receive consideration as a status candidate, you must apply to the Merit Promotion announcement.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. CitizenFavorable background investigation and credit check are required.You may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.Credit Score must be at least 500.You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.This is not a bargaining unit position.
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer. Average work hours must be stated on the resume to quantify each period of work experience or that experience will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
You must address the specific specialized experience required for each grade level of this position on your resume or application or you will be rated "Ineligible" for that grade level.
GS-13: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-12 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Developing and analyzing on acquisition/budget plan for an organization(s);
- Providing expert knowledge of the principles and methods for developing integrated acquisition management plans;
- Providing expert knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices, laws, and regulations of budgeting and/or financing; AND
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and courteously through verbal and written communications such as email, memos, and reports.
Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's Qualifications web site:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on 08/12/2022.
Qualification Standards: Budget Analysis Series 0560 (opm.gov)
If selected for this position, you will be eligible for benefits. The above link is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Agency contact information
Office of Capital Access
409 3rd Street SW
Washington, DC 20416